Category: Architectural Services
Address: Church Road, Malpas, Cheshire, SY14 7HB
Landline: 01829 2...
Cheshire House Plans
provides an architectural design and drawing service for private home owners who are looking to have plans drawn for an extension and/or alterations to their existing home.
The company is Cheshire based and headed by Julie Horner who has over 30 years' experience in architectural design, planning and plan drawing services.
Cheshire House Plans will guide you through all the design and planning stages, preparing individual plans for your home. We will submit the building plans to your Local Authority for Planning Permission and Building Regulations Approval.
We operate in central and west Cheshire, the Wirral, North Wales and North Shropshire.
The Service offered will comprise
* Initial telephone advice and an indication of fees
* An appointment will be arranged for a site visit, including discussing your ideas for the project. A fixed price will be given for the Plans and Council fees. A survey of your property will be completed and initial ideas finalised for the project.
* Sketch plans will be produced and a second visit arranged to discuss the plans in detail and finalise the design for the project. Usually within 2 weeks of initial visit.
* Final plans will be prepared and submitted with the appropriate forms and fees to the Local Authority, for Planning and Building Regulations.
* All liaison with the Local Authority will be carried out to completion
Planning is interested in the aesthetic appearance of the building and its impact on neighbours and the street scene. Planning applications currently take 8-10 weeks before a decision is issued.
There are different types of Planning applications and the most common ones that are used with residential are:-
Householder - This application is for residential extensions and alterations and will involve submission of the existing and proposed floor plans and elevations, section, site plan and location plan.
Listed Building - This application is for when your home is Listed and therefore of architectural interest. Any alterations, either external or internal, will require consent. You may also require Householder consent if you are also extending. These would be submitted together.
Conservation Area - If your home is in a conservation area and you are extending or demolishing part of the building. An extra design statement will be required with the plans.
Complying with the Building Regulations is separate from obtaining Planning permission - most building projects must comply with the regulations. These regulations exist to ensure the health and safety of people in and around all types of buildings. Cheshire House Plans will give advice on compliance with the regulations.
The Building Regulations are in place to effectively regulate and monitor the standard of the building works.
Call or visit our website for more information.