Address: Eaton Estate Office, Eaton Park, Chester, Cheshire, CH4 9ET
Landline: 01244 6...
* Properties, * Eccleston
The Eaton Estate is part of the Grosvenor Estate and is a private owned organisation. It includes the thriving villages of Aldford, Eccleston, Saighton as well as parts of the city centre and Handbridge. It contains some 435 homes, 15 farms and 72 commercial units, four schools and over 10,000 acres of high quality agricultural land in Cheshire, North West England.
The history of the Eaton Estate can be traced back to the early 1440s. At its heart sits Eaton Hall, the home of the Duke of Westminster and the Grosvenor family.
Across the estate there are some 500 properties which range in size from large family homes to small cottages and in style from grand to characterful. Most are built from locally-made red brick with attractive chimneys, creative brickwork and plasterwork. They also feature red paintwork and a house name plaque design, both of which are distinctive to the Eaton Estate and create a link between all of the villages.
The First Duke of Westminster had the villages completely remodelled in around 1870 by architect John Douglas, whilst a handful of early 17th century half-timbered, thatched dwellings were saved from demolition and exist to this day. The attractive small terraces houses of Love Street and Priory Place in Chester were amongst the first social housing projects in Cheshire.
Today, whenever the opportunity arises to renovate a property, this is done to 21st century environmental standards whist retaining their attractive features.
Call or visit our website for more information.